Since 1972, St. David’s has continued to grow and have even more positive impact on our children’s lives. Below is a timeline of important moments in our dynamic history.
Hale High School was founded. Father George Hale was the founder and first headmaster at Hale High School.
Grades 6-8 added, known as St. Timothy’s Middle School.
- With both schools located on the current campus, the schools merged, becoming known as St. Timothy’s – Hale School.
- A fifth grade level was added
- Carpe Futura Campaign – raised money to build the Chapel, math and science wing of the US, and renovate the Lassiter House.
The first “Honor Code” was drafted whereby students give their word that they will be stewards of integrity and virtue during the yearly Honor Code Ceremony held in the Chapel.
The Lower School, kindergarten through fourth grade, was added and St. David’s School was born. Saint David was the patron saint of Wales. He is believed to have descended from Welsh royalty. After becoming a missionary, St. David travelled throughout Britain and Wales founding monasteries, teaching, and serving. He spread Christianity throughout Britain. The name St. David’s was chosen for the school because it was distinctive, and St. David embodied the mission statement of faith, virtue, and knowledge.
A large expansion project was completed, including a new gym with weight room and locker rooms, a student commons area, additional offices and classrooms, a theater, fine art facilities, a modern dining hall, and more.
- A 32-acre property to develop the Satellite Field Complex to enhance the athletic program was acquired.
- Inaugural game at the Satellite Athletic Complex. St. David’s varsity boys soccer team defeated Coastal Christian High School 3-0.
A major renovation of the Dining Hall enabled high-quality, reasonably-priced dining services to be introduced.
The Lower School addition was completed adding thirteen new classrooms and a large multi-functional atrium space.
St. Albans Middle School building was removed, making way for a new home for Middle School students.
The Satellite Athletic Complex is expanding to include tennis courts, a welcoming Field House, concrete walkways, a parking lot, a baseball field, dugouts and more.